The La Grande Farmers Market is a seasonal open-air market featuring fresh local produce, baked goods, specialty foods, quality meat, eggs, garden products, arts, crafts, and live music. Enjoy shopping locally while interacting with farmers, artists, musicians, craftsman and friends. La Grande Farmers Market will be opening for the 2020 season on May 16th as planned.
Governor Brown’s Executive Order 20 -12 identifies farmers markets as an essential service; the La Grande Farmers Market is committed to bringing nutritious, fresh food to our community in the safest possible way.
La Grande Farmers Market cares about your safety first, and have implemented significant measures to help protect the health of customers, vendors, and our community:
- Space vendor booths 10 feet apart
- Control the number of shoppers allowed in the market at one time for physical distancing
- Ground markers to indicate 6-foot spacing at every booth and in high traffic areas
- Cancel music, kids programming, special events, and communal seating until further notice
- Require all hot food and drinks to be sold as ‘to-go’, No consumption on market premises
- Cancel food sampling until further notice
- Regularly sanitize all high-touch areas with bleach solution
- Not allow vendors or staff to be present at the market if feeling any symptoms of illness
- Require vendors to round items to the nearest dollar, to avoid coin handling
- Pre-package as much as is reasonable to eliminate handling of produce at the market
- Vendors will have hand sanitizer available to customers at checkout
- Require vendors to wear gloves and face coverings
For more information, visit: www.LaGrandeFarmersMarket.org