The City of La Grande Parks & Recreation Department received new guidance from the Oregon Health Authority regarding Playgrounds on Tuesday, June 9th. Playgrounds in all parks will reopen Wednesday, June 10th.
The Parks & Recreation Department encourage practicing precautions from the CDC:
Do: Carefully consider use of playgrounds, and help children follow guidelines.
Playgrounds can be hard to keep safe because:
- They are often crowded and could make social distancing difficult;
- It can be difficult to keep surfaces clean and disinfected and parks staff won’t be disinfecting them;
- SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can spread when young children touch contaminated objects, and then touch their eyes, nose, or mouth.
If you choose to visit a playground:
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet away from people you don’t live with.
- Wash Hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Adults and older children who can safely use hand sanitizer: Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and rub hands together until dry, if soap and water are not readily available.
- Wear a cloth face covering, if you can. Cloth face coverings should not be placed on:
- Children under age 2;
- Anyone who has trouble breathing;
- Anyone who is unconscious, can’t move, or is otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance.